Nation is obsessed with Sunny Leone but few of us are bunch of hypocrites also. Many of us call her names, blame her for ruining the Indian culture, disrespect her for her choice of profession. However many of us also believe that she is setting an example for the women of this country, in more ways than one. Here are 10 reasons why we think she deserves as much respect as any other famous personality in India.
1. Sunny Leone has always made her own life decisions. She was financially independent at a very young age. She wanted to get into pornography and she did. No apologies whatsoever. She’s always taken hold of her life and steered it wherever she’s wanted to and no matter how much we Indians love to hate her audacity, she still doesn’t regret it. She was proud of herself then, she’s proud of herself now.
2. She has excelled at what she’s done. She’s one of the most famous professionals in her industry. Why do we idolize Shah Rukh Khan, worship Sachin Tendulkar and look up to A.R. Rahman? Because they’re the best at what they do. Why do we then disrespect and disregard Sunny Leone despite her phenomenal success? How many of us have been successful in our respective jobs and professions? The success, achievements, fame and popularity and the awards she has received are awe-inspiring. Adult film entertainment and pornography are also careers and should be respected just as much as any other profession, especially in a nation obsessed with watching porn. Why is it so hard for us to accept the fact that pornography is also a profession, just like engineering, writing or bank accountancy? Your judgment of her profession says nothing about her, but speaks volumes about your hypocritical mindset.
3. From pornography, Sunny Leone has traversed to mainstream Bollywood cinema now. With that bold step, she has opened new doors for adult film stars to enter into Bollywood. And, that is definitely a first. Hopefully, adult film stars will now feel as accepted in the society as you and me. And those of you who think Bollywood isn’t the place for porn stars and their entry would pollute your kids’ minds – you have criminals making 100-crore films in Bollywood, for God’s sake. Maybe a few years down the line, India will be able to disassociate one’s dignity from one’s profession. Maybe.
4. Apart from a former adult film star, Sunny Leone is also a super successful business woman. She owns Sun Lust Pictures, an adult film studio with partner Daniel Weber, also her husband. She plans to expand her business by opening her own brand of lingerie and diamonds in the future. Her entrepreneurial success is inspiring and definitely deserves respect and admiration.
5. Sunny Leone is sensible, sensitive and far more responsible than most of the Bollywood celebrities we love to idolize. Her work ethics are praise-worthy. Sunny Leone called off the shoot for the sleazy item song ‘Pink Lips’ (Hate Story 2) because there were kids on the sets and she felt the scenes being shot were inappropriate for them. Unsurprisingly, the news never made headlines; for the tabloid just likes to portray her only as a mindless sex object.
6. Sunny Leone has always been a confident, strong woman. She discovered her bisexuality at the age of 18 and instead of being embarrassed about it and hiding in the closet, she embraced it. And that is one thing we Indians really need to learn from her.
7. She’s happy and secure in the place she is. She’s not attention hungry. Given the way the audience perceives her in India, it must have been difficult for her to set her foot in Bollywood and she is probably going to struggle even more in the coming times if she wishes to play more serious roles. But not once has she tried to grab eyeballs or seek anybody’s attention. Even when she appeared in the reality show Big Boss, she never hogged the limelight unnecessarily. She was low profile and still absolutely adorable.
8. Sunny Leone has campaigned for some serious issues like the violence against animals for PETA and health problems for American Cancer Society. She also donated charity in the Ice Bucket Challenge. She’s socially responsible too, despite being a former porn star. Unbelievable, right? We thought so!
9. Contrary to what most people would think (again, because she’s a former porn star), Sunny Leone believes in commitment. You may think because she’s had sex right in front of the camera with different people each time, she cannot be trusted with a relationship. Isn’t that what most of us think? But we’re mistaken. She’s married to her long time boyfriend and business partner Daniel Weber, a man who is fully supportive of Sunny Leone’s life choices and they’re living a steady married life. Not that it takes a woman to be a ‘one man woman’ to earn respect, but she’s definitely breaking a very, very strong stereotype about adult film stars here.
10. Lastly, Sunny Leone has no regrets of her life choices and she doesn’t bother herself with what people think of her – the mark of a strong and successful person. Kudos to her for dealing with a unaccepting, prejudiced and disapproving audience as us with so much composure and still making her way into our hearts, slowly but steadily. Watch her take down her haters in the most awesome way ever in this video.
Sunny Leone came a long way from being a adult star in USA to participant in the Big Boss 5 to an established Actress in the Hindi Film Industry. Following fifteen facts about her may surprise you -
1. Sunny Leone was initially going to make her debut with Mohit Suri’s ‘Kalyug’ but the deal couldn’t be sealed because she demanded a hefty amount of around $ 1 million for the role. 7 years later, she finally made a debut in Bollywood with ‘Jism 2’.
2. Contrary to her image, Sunny Leone is not much of a party person. She likes to spend her time reading. Now we bet you didn’t know that.
3. She was once engaged to Matt Erikson, the Vice President of marketing at Playboy. Later, she got married to Daniel Weber.
4. Sunny Leone happens to be the first Indian adult film star to make an entry into mainstream Bollywood films.
5. “I informed my parents that I want to be a porn star after I won the Penthouse cover-of-the-year and 100, 000 dollars,” she once revealed in an interview.
6. Sunny Leone discovered her bisexuality at the age of 18.
7. Sunny Leone dated world famous comedian Russell Peters for a short while in 2008.
8. Named Karenjit Kaur Vohra by her parents, Sunny Leone grew up in a typical Punjabi family and watched Bollywood films. Her favourite actor is Aamir Khan ever since she watched his film ‘Dil’.
9. Sunny Leone is scared of bugs and insects.
10. She was once nominated as the 12th best adultstar of the world.
11. The first job of her career was at a German Bakery. From a bakery to Bollywood, Sunny Leone surely has come a long way.
12. "No script offered to me is approved without Daniel's permission. I do not sign any contract without making him read it.” Sunny Leone speaks up on her relationship with husband Daniel Weber.
13. She became the first South Asian / Indian model to feature as the Penthouse Pet Of The Month in March 2001.
14. When she started her career in the adult film industry, she signed a contract saying that she would only perform with females.
15. Sauvignon Blanc is Sunny Leone’s favorite alcoholic beverage.
Ragini MMS 2: The best name in the rundown is of Ragini MMS 2 which was released in the year 2014. This is one of the scariest motion pictures of Bollywood. The Ragini MMS 2 includes Actress Sunny Leone and newcomer in the Bollywood i.e. Saahil Prem.The film picked up a business achievement and declared as the hit motion picture of that year.
Hate Story 2: Hate story 2 was discharged on the date eighteenth July in the year 2014. Sunny gives an uncommon appearance in this film with her dance number
Mastizaade: Motion picture Mastizaade which was released in the year beginning off the year 2016. Alongside Sunny Leone, the other primary characters in the motion picture were played by Bollywood on-screen character Mr Tushar Kapoor Suresh Menon, Shaad Randhawa.
Ek Paheli Leela: Ek Paheli Leela was released in the year 2015. Other than the Sunny Leone, the other principle parts in this motion picture were played by TV on-screen character Jay Bhanushali, Rajneesh Duggal (model and performing artist).
One Night Stand: One Night Stand which was released in the year 2016. This motion picture was a Bollywood thriller-disaster film that was composed by Ms Bhavani Iye. The main characters in the movie were played by Sunny Leone, Tanuj Virwani, and Myra Banerjee.
Jism 2: In the rundown of best motion pictures of Sunny Leone is Jism 2. In this film, Sunny assumed the part of a porn-star whose name was Izna who was utilized by an insight association with a specific end goal to catch Kabir, who is a feared killer.
Kuch Kuch Locha Hai: In the rundown of best motion pictures of Sunny Leone is Kuch Locha Hai, which was prior titled as Patel Rap. This motion picture was discharged in the year 2015 which was a Bollywood sensual tragedy film.
Jackpot: Jackpot movie which was released in the year 2013 on the date 13 December over the 1150 screens in India. Besides SunnyLeone, the other two actors who were starring in the movie were Mr Naseeruddin Shah and Mr Sachin J Joshi.