1. Mughal-E-Azam was shot in 3 languages simultaneously, but when the Tamil edition didn’t fair well, the English version was also scrapped.
2. 7:30 p.m. was the time when Bhagat Singh was hanged to death and it has been captured in the movie Rang De Basanti. The broken watch of Sue’s grandfather shows the same time.
3. To keep the stars look in shape, the sequence of shooting the film Rockstar was reversed. As in the climax was shot first in order to keep the long hair look as designed.
4. Danny Denzongpa was the original choice for the role of Gabbar in Sholay as the voice of Amjad Khan was found weak for the villainous rule.
5. Izzat is the only Bollywood movie, where Jayalalitha (Amma) has been cast.
6. 500,000 farmers of Gujrat produced the movie Manthan which is based on the concept of the ‘White Revolution’ in India. It is the only movie with the largest count of individual investors for a movie.
7. Jagdish Raj holds the Guinness World record for the being the most typecast actor as he played the role of a police inspector in 144 movies.
9. Sunil Dutt holds the Guinness World record for the being the only actor in a 113 minutes long feature film Yaadein.
10. The longest Bollywood movie is actually Gangs of Wasseypur which is 319 minutes long. It was released as a single movie at the Cannes film festival but was split into two parts for the Indian theaters.
11. The longest song till date is Ab tumhare hawale hai watan saathiyon which is 20 minutes long and has been split into three parts across the movie. It is soon to be overtaken by the 21 minute song from the movie Mastaan.
12. Ae Maalik Tere Bandhe Hum sung by Lata Mangeshkar from the above movie has been adopted as the anthem of a school in Pakistan.
13. Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai entered the Guinness World Record for holding 92 awards for one movie in almost all the categories.
14. The concept of a dream sequence was first introduced in the movie Awara released in the year 1951. Ghar aaya mera pardesi, became an instant hit with that concept.
15. Sridevi was 13 when she played the role of Rajnikanth’s stepmom in the Tamil movie Moondru Mudichu. It is surprising to have that kind of start at that early age.