Mumbai Nagri, a city of dreams! In this city resides ‘Bollywood’, the 70 mm canvas, which has portrayed many love stories till now. From a rich girl marrying a poor boy to the modern eras’ Prem kahani who are ready to die in each other’s arms rather than getting separated in the name of religion, these love sagas are endless. Let us have a look at the real life Prem kahani of Bollywood, who married to Hindu and, just like the climax of a Hindi film, are living happily ever after.
1. Sharukh Khan ang Gauri Chibber
Shah Rukh Khan married Gauri Chibber, a Punjabi Hindu, in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony in 1991.
2. Imran Khan and Sutapa Sikdar
Irrfan Khan got married to Sutapa Sikdar in February 1995. She was his batch mate in National School of Drama, Delhi.
3. Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao
Aamir Khan married Kiran Rao in December 2005, after he got divorced from his first wife Reena Dutta in 2002.
4. Zayed Khan and Malaika Parekh
Zayed Khan married his high school friend Malaika Parekh in November 2005.
5. Imran Khan and Avantika Malik
Imran Khan began dating Avantika Malik at the age of 19 and the couple finally got married in 2011.
6. Sohail Khan and Seema Sachdev
Sohail Khan is married to Seema Sachdev, who belongs to a Punjabi family and they have two sons - Nirvan and Yohan.
7. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena kapoor
After a five-year relationship, when Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor finally decided to settle down, they got married on October 16, 2012.
Malaika Arora is one of the few actresses in Bollywood who has impressed the audience with her sheer dance moves. She is a remarkable person who can sweep you off your feet with her spectacular looks. She continues to rock the film industry and has given a number of items songs. She is the heartbeat of every fan and these days you can see her judging the dance reality shows like Jhalak Dikhla Ja and India’s Got Talent. If you are an ardent fan of this actress, then it is important that you know everything about her right from professional to personal level.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about the 'Item Girl of Bollywood' Malaika Arora:
1. She is born and brought up in Mumbai in the year 1981. Her parents got divorced when she was only 11 years old. She had to get shifted to Chembur in Maharashtra later on.
2. Mallaika Arora’s mother is a Malayali Cathoic while her father is Punjabi of Fazilka district near Indian border. She has a younger sister Amrita Arora who is also an actress in the Indian film industry and known for her gorgeous looks.
3. Malaika Arora completed her education from Swami Vivekanand School at Chembur. Grace Polycarp, the principal of the school happens to be her maternal aunt. She is also an alumnus of Holy Cross High School at Thane where she studied up to class 9.
4. She is extremely protective about her younger sister and has taken very good care of her ever since her parents got divorced. Malaika Arora is extremely close to Amrita and takes very good care of her.
5. She was one of the first Video Jockeys of India and she was elected for MTV when it started its operations in India. Malaika Arora started as an interviewer and later turned into anchoring many programs. Malaika started dancing at a tender age of 4 years and never stopped dancing since then.
6. Malaika Arora works out three days in the week in gym. Apart from that workout schedule includes medicine balls, free weights, kickboxing, squats and Yoga. All these things help her to keep her curvaceous body in proper shape.
7. Malaika’s favourite dancer in Bollywood is none other than Hrithik Roshan. She will do anything to share the screen dancing with him. Surely it will set the stage on fire watching both of them dance together. Deepika Padukone is her favourite dancing diva in Bollywood.
8. She has revealed in a show that she never wanted to become an actress. This vibrant actress has numerous items songs to her credit and she loves dancing more than acting. If she is ever offered a full pledged role, she wants to do action movies preferably a super hero.
9. Before her entry into the film industry, Malaika Arora worked as a model. She appeared in a number of commercials in the early phase of her life. You might have seen her in the music video “Gur Naal Ishq Mitha” and also in the song “Chaiyya Chaiyya” dancing to the tune of the music with Shah Rukh Khan in the movie Dil Se.
10. Malaika Arora is married to Arbaaz Khan who is the elder brother of Salman Khan. Both of them met during a coffee advertisement shooting and instantly fell in love with each other. They have a son named Arhaan Khan.